Friday, October 15, 2010

Elko, Nevada

Slowly working my way west and next stop is Elko, Nevada.  Have driven thru several times and probably stopped for gas a few times but that is all I know about the town except my sister and her husband attend Cowboy Poetry there every February.

Well, several months ago an old friend contacted me on Facebook.  My first husband and her husband were in the same pilot training class in 1961 and we had seen each other once about 1968 and then sort of lost contact with each other.  So, I decided I would stop in Elko on my way home and we could catch up and talk old times.  Had a super fun time and so good to hear all about her family and what has happened to her in the past 40 years.  Hopefully she will come visit in Monterey sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment