Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ravine Lake, a Little History Lesson


Evelyn and I drove to Ravine Lake to see what had been the old bathhouse.  It is now a restaurant and ice cream store.  As you can see, Evelyn enjoyed a big dish of butter brickle ice cream.  There are old pictures displayed at the bathhouse and she is holding a picture of her sons, Ron and Larry, taken at the lake in 1948  That was a fun day for Evelyn.

I spent 2-1/2 days with Evelyn and we had a great time, talking about her past and her family.  She forgets things but then all of the sudden it will come back.  She also invited me to eat with her at her table in the nursing home.  It was important for her to have me see her routine and meet the other ladies at the table.  Can't say much for the food but it was enjoyable to see her daily life in the dining room. Regretfully, I had to say goodbye to my dear mother-in-law and head further east.  She is a wonderful lady and I feel so privileged to be part of her life.

Not much interesting from Huron to Minneapolis.  Lots of corn fields but I have always enjoyed seeing all of the silos on the farms, different sizes; some fat, some skinny, some short, some tall.  But, let me tell you, corn field after corn field can become pretty boring.  But now I am at Ron (Larry's brother) and Bernice's home in Minneapolis and we are preparing to leave on Friday and head to Larry's sister, Mary's, home near Atlanta.

Have only been in the Atlanta airport so looking forward to seeing the city.  Coca Cola here we come!!

Happy Trails to us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment