Monday, September 20, 2010

C130 Simulator

This is my ID used for a special trip to Lockheed Martin in Marietta, GA. George is a retired Air Force pilot who has thousands of hours in the C130 and now is in the C130 program at Lockheed. He is in the simulator department and was able to take all of us in the C130 simulator. What fun and educational. I tried to fly the plane and you all would have gotten a good laugh. There is a small wheel at your left hand to keep the nose wheel straight as you taxi down the runway for takeoff. Well, I could not keep it straight and we took off going to the left of the runway!! I managed to fly all over the sky and could not find the airport when I needed to land. Hard to believe I have a private pilot's license! Lovely Jen was next and did a great job with good coaching from dad, George. Bernice was up next and found it was harder than it looked when you just stand and watch. She was all over the sky and her blood pressure probably jumped way out of line!! It is amazing how realistic it is when you are sitting in the cockpit and "flying" the plane It was an adventure that none of us will ever forget. Thank you George.

No comments:

Post a Comment