Friday, August 13, 2010

First stop

This is a picture of the friends that were at my bon voyage party, along with the three Nichols grandsons.

First stop on this journey was my sister's home in Chico.  She and Richard had planned a nice bon voyage party for me, inviting six friends for a delicious dinner of shrimp, salad, green beans, tomatoes and peach-blueberry cobbler.  We  did enjoy some really good wine before going out to the fields to see the sheep and cows (we are all "city" folks).  Mary's grandsons, Kyle, Kaleb and Kory  were great hosts, taking everyone for rides on the tractor and the quad.  A very special evening.

Next morning I was up at 5 (yes that was AM) and on Highway 99 North by 5:55, anxious to get  moving northward.  Not much exciting along the way but it is always so beautiful to drive by Lake Shasta.  Stopped in Shasta City for a quick omelet and back on the hiway.  Love the drive thru the mountains and down into Ashland and on to McMinnville to my brother John's home. The boring parts of the drive were made easier as I listed to a Recorded Books, of of Dorothy Gilman's, Mrs Polifax series.

No comments:

Post a Comment